Your browser does not support our video. CH-Alpha Osteo- Bioactive Collagen Peptides®- Promotes Bone HealthDescription- Collagen is a major component of the bone matrix and provides the framework of calcium- Calcium and Vitamin D are needed for the maintenance of normal bones- Bioactive Collagen Peptides® are pure protein which contributes...
- Bioactive Collagen Peptides®
- Promotes Bone Health
- Collagen is a major component of the bone matrix and provides the framework of calcium
- Calcium and Vitamin D are needed for the maintenance of normal bones
- Bioactive Collagen Peptides® are pure protein which contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- CH-Alpha Osteo contributes to bone stability and flexibility
1. Health Xchange SG - Fall Prevention: A Serious Matter for the Elderly
2. International Osteoporosis Foundation - About Osteoporosis [Accessed on March 2021]
3. International Osteoporosis Foundation - Facts and Statistics [Accessed on March 2021]
4. International Osteoporosis Foundation - The Asia-Pacific Regional Audit [Accessed on March 2021]
5. Alves RD, Demmers JA, Bezstarosti K, van der Eerden BC, Verhaar JA, Eijken M, van Leeuwen JP (2011) Unraveling the human bone microenvironment beyond the classical extracellular matrix proteins: a human bone protein library. J Proteome Res 10:4725-4733
6. Raisz LG (2005) Pathogenesis of osteoporosis: concepts, conflicts, and prospects. J Clin Invest 115:3318-3325
7. Cole ZA, Dennison EM, Cooper C (2009) The impact of methods for estimating bone health and the global burden of bone disease. Salud Publica Mex 51 Suppl 1:S38-S45
8. Nutrafoods - Improved bone healing after oral application of specific bioactive collagen peptides 
FORTIBONE® – THE MISSING PIECE IN BONE HEALTH MANAGEMENT
Bones need more than calcium
Calcium supplements are everywhere, yet more and more people are suffering from osteoporosis and osteopenia. Bone is a mixture of mineral crystals held in an organic collagen matrix. On their own, the crystals would be extremely brittle and prone to break. Like a bridge is built out of concrete and steel, collagen in the bones is essential for bone flexibility and elasticity. It is important to keep the skeletal system healthy. Osteoporosis (OP) is a condition characterized by low bone mass and micro-architectural deterioration of bone tissue, which leads to enhanced bone fragility and a consequent increase in fracture risk1. Osteopenia, the early stage of osteoporosis, can begin at the age of 35 years when bone mass progressively declines.2 The likelihood to get a fracture increases with age. The risk of contracting a bone fracture is doubling every ten years in both genders.3
FORTIBONE® stimulates the synthesis of bone collagen matrix
The specific peptides of FORTIBONE® stimulate bone cells to increase the synthesis of bone components such as collagen. They have a kind of ‘signaling effect’ on osteoblasts to counterbalance the collagen degradation in the extracellular bone matrix, which is the essential framework for bone mineralization. In addition, FORTIBONE® influences degenerative processes in bones by reducing osteoclast activity. The result is a considerably higher synthesis of collagenous bone matrix.
Bone mineral density measurement
Bone mass increase in the spine
Clinically proven to promote bone health
A single-center, prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blinded study showed the potential of FORTIBONE®. Over a period of 12 months, 180 women with reduced bone mass participated in a therapy with daily intake of 5 g FORTIBONE® or placebo. Changes in bone mass density were measured in the spine and femoral neck of the participants detected by DXA scans.
FORTIBONE® consumption showed a significant improvement of bone density. The results showed a pronounced increase in BMD (Bone Mineral Density) after FORTIBONE® supplementation in women suffering from osteopenia or osteoporosis. The results indicate an anabolic effect. FORTIBONE® is an interesting option to counteract bone degeneration.
Changes in bone mineral density
The results of this study indicated an anabolic effect, showing a pronounced increase in bone mineral density after FORTIBONE® supplementation. In the femoral neck, BMD increased by 6.7%, whereas in the spine results showed an increase of 3% at the end of the treatment phase. In the same period, bone density in the placebo group decreased by 1.3% in the spine and 1% in the femoral neck. Hence, at the end of the study, subjects in the collagen peptides group showed significantly increased BMD compared to placebo with a 4.2% higher BMD in the spine and a 7.7% higher BMD in the femoral neck.
1 ALVES RD, DEMMERS JA, BEZSTAROSTI K, VAN DER EERDEN BC, VERHAAR JA, EIJKEN M, VAN LEEUWEN JP (2011) UNRAVELING THE HUMAN BONE MICROENVIRONMENT BEYOND THE CLASSICAL EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX PROTEINS: A HUMAN BONE PROTEIN LIBRARY. J PROTEOME RES 10:4725-4733
2 RAISZ LG (2005) PATHOGENESIS OF OSTEOPOROSIS: CONCEPTS, CONFLICTS, AND PROSPECTS.
J CLIN INVEST 115:3318-3325
3 COLE ZA, DENNISON EM, COOPER C (2009) THE IMPACT OF METHODS FOR ESTIMATING BONE HEALTH AND THE GLOBAL BURDEN OF BONE DISEASE. SALUD PUBLICA MEX 51 SUPPL 1:S38-S45
Bone atrophy, loss of bone density and bone stability is a problem particularly post-menopausal women have to deal with. But not only them. Osteoporosis is a major public health threat for an estimated 44 million U.S. citizens and for 55 % of all Americans 50 years of age and older. Due to the increased human lifespan, osteopenia and osteoporosis have progressively turned into a major worldwide public health problem causing economic costs of € 37 billion in the European Union and $ 20 billion in the United States.*
FORTIBONE® is developed to promote bone health, increasing bone density and reducing degradation processes. Products including FORTIBONE® appeal to the elderly and also to physically active consumers interested in maintaining good health.
Risk Category Osteoporosis
*COLE ZA, DENNISON EM, COOPER C (2009) THE IMPACT OF METHODS FOR ESTIMATING BONE HEALTH AND THE GLOBAL BURDEN OF BONE DISEASE. SALUD PUBLICA MEX 51 SUPPL 1:S38-S45